Our ability to build rapport and develop partnerships has clearly had to carry over to a virtual context. But how can we effectively connect with physicians virtually on a long-term basis considering the lasting impact of the Covid-19 pandemic? Something that can help us in maintaining these relationships is applying Emotional Intelligence to build trusted partnerships, whereby we are able to identify and control our own emotions and respond accordingly to those of others.
1. Self-awareness: responding thoughtfully rather than immediately reacting instinctively.
2. Self-regulation: managing and recognising the impact of our own emotions on others.
3. Self-motivation: directing our emotions toward end goals – what is our desired outcome for an interaction?
4. Empathy: being emotionally aware of how another person is feeling.
5. Social skills: managing relationships through interpersonal effectiveness.
ONE MSL BLOG Applying a narrative to scientific presentationsIs the role of the MSL simply to be a scientific expert and communicator of data? Can the MSL hope to succeed just by doing this? Perhaps not. By presenting data in a more compelling manner, we can hope to...
ONE MSL BLOG Aspiring MSL Profile – Amit LalwaniAt One MSL we are committed to assisting individuals on their journey in becoming an MSL. We understand that becoming an MSL can be an extremely difficult journey to navigate. With this in mind we are pleased to start...
ONE MSL BLOG MSLs around the world: AsiaDescribe your career trajectory to date and how you arrived at the decision to become an MSL: Today we are delighted to share the story of Camelia Biswas, an experienced MSL who is based in India. Camelia has given us a great...